Another article on telomeres and what we can do to lengthen them. Product B from Isagenix will also help.
By Lawrence Wilson, MD © April 2013, The Center For Development
An exciting new area of medical and anti-aging research concerns an aspect of genetics called the telomeres. These are strands of DNA at the ends of each of your chromosomes. At conception there are at least 15,000 to 35,000 pairs of them linked to the end of each chromosome in your body. As you age, they deteriorate, and the telomeres become shorter and shorter. When there are only about 4,000 pairs of them left, the DNA cannot replicate itself properly and health suffers. At that point, most people die of old age.
Researchers observe that anything that keeps the telomeres intact longer and ideally, increases their length, will decrease or inhibit aging. This is very exciting news as it gives scientists a way to check how “old” your body is on the inside without surgery. It is relatively easy to count the telomeres from a simple blood sample or even a hair or other tissue sample.
HOW TO LENGTHEN YOUR TELOMERES
Research is just starting on this topic. However, scientists have found the following, so far:
1. Vigorous exercise. In young people, exercise is not helpful. But in those over about age 40 to 50, short periods of vigorous exercise called the “Peak 8” or other types of vigorous exercise is helpful to slow the process of telomere shortening. Exercise probably helps because it can increase oxygenation, circulation and hydration in an aging body.
Unfortunately, vigorous exercise has many problems, such as possibly stressing the joints and tendons, and it is somewhat more difficult for older people to do, especially if they are disabled. However, some exercise is helpful for the telomeres.
2. Selenium supplements. Scientists have found that selenium is extremely important to maintain and grow your telomeres. A form of selenium found in blue corn and bone broth may be most helpful. Other forms of selenium are less helpful.
3. Reduce oxidant damage. Oxidant damage is one reason for the shortening of the telomeres. This means that anything that can help prevent oxidant damage is helpful to preserve your telomeres.
One can take anti-oxidants, but this has certain problems, namely these supplements, particularly fruits, are very yin and this is not helpful. To read about the problems with anti-oxidant nutrients and supplements read Anti-Oxidant Therapy on this website.
Anything that increases glutathione is helpful. Selenium is required to make glutathione, along with several amino acids. An excellent idea is to eat plenty of sulfur-containing amino acids. These are found in meats, eggs, cooked green vegetables, and few other foods. For more information about this topic, read Glutathione on this website.
Much better than taking anti-oxidants, however, is to get rid of the oxidants in the body, which are often mineral oxides. This can be done with a nutritional balancing program, but not with most other nutrition, chelation, herbal, homeopathic or other healing programs. To read about this interesting approach to stopping oxidant damage, read The Amigos – Manganese, Iron and Aluminum.
4. Increase yang energy in the body. Another aspect of healing that apparently helps lengthen the telomeres is to make the body more yang. The opposite – making the body more yin – seems to damage the telomeres even more.
This concept is not yet accepted medically. However, I think it will be appreciated in the future. Nutritional balancing programs are designed specifically to make the body more yang. For much more on this topic, read Yin And Yang Healing and Yin Disease on this website.
5. Resolve mental and psychological traumas. This way of lengthening the telomeres, or slowing their shortening, is mentioned in a recent book, The Immortality Edge. This book is a research report on telomeres.
Many methods can be used to undo traumas and psychological stress that simply wears out the body faster. Nutritional balancing is a powerful bio-energetic method for releasing all types of traumas. It uses a diet, certain supplements, mild exercise, more rest and sleep, and the Roy Masters meditation exercise, but not others. This is explained in more depth in the article entitled Trauma Release on this website.
The problem with many stress release techniques such as vigorous exercise and homeopathy, herbs, vitamins and others, is they have other undesirable effects. This must be recalled at all times when considering these approaches.
6. More rest and sleep. This is also helpful to slow the shortening of the telomeres.
7. A nutritional balancing program. A complete nutritional balancing program incorporates all or most of the methods listed above. Let us explore this in more depth.
LENGTHENING YOUR TELOMERES USING NUTRITIONAL BALANCING
Nutritional balancing is the best method to lengthen your telomeres, bar none, according to some research that I will make public at some point.
For now, I invite any researcher to check this statement. I would work with anyone who wishes to research it by providing appropriate subjects for the study. These would be people that I believe are following the program properly. If others do this research, I request that they consult me before beginning the program and during the study, as it is easy to not do the program properly and not realize it.
For more on related subjects and to understand why nutritional balancing may be helpful, read Etheric Energy and Etheric Resetting on this website.
1. The Immortality Edge by M. Fossel, G. Blackburn, and D. Woyarowski.
2. Dr. Mercola’s article of 4/19/2011 is: